Feb 2012 —
Ticket Alternative provides a wide range of ticketing and box office solutions for more than 400 venues in 48 states while maintaining the lowest service charges in the industry. An Atlanta-based company, with an office in the U.K., prints millions of tickets and produces millions of event wristbands for independent distribution throughout the U.S. and the U.K. Ticket Alternative recently ranked #2803 on the 2011 Inc 500/5000 list of fast growing private companies in the US.
Jan 2011 —
TripLingo's product upgrades trips for business and leisure travelers by making it easy and fun to learn the local language and culture. We create a customized learning experience tailored to the unique interests, needs, and preferences of each user. Our product is entertaining, feature and content rich, and practical. TripLingo is there when you need it, and can be accessed via the web and through native iPhone, Android, and Windows mobile devices.
- Co-founder; core team member that went from plan to product launch in 90 days
- Create an award winning products that were featured Apple App Store an amazing 6 times.
- Instrumental in business development: closing initial partners, getting featured at trade shows, and fund raising
- Managed cash flow, investor relations, legal, infrastructure, and other operational areas.
Jan 2009 —
Leading SaaS supply chain solutions provider working in diverse industries like banking, Internet retailing, and hospitality. Accountable for the development, product management, and production teams.
- Sourced and changed co-location vendors with no service interruption increasing stability and decreasing cost
- Improved product and quality, increasing uptime to “three nines” and reducing support calls to 10% of previous volume
- Launched version 2 of the product encompassing major features, architectural improvements, rock solid stability, and improving scalability while supporting the rapid 300% company growth
- Migrated development and QA from primarily outsourced team to a total onshore team reducing total costs by boosting productivity
Sep 2006 —
Leader in Service Lifecycle Management products and solutions. Initially, directed technical pre-sales leading 10 consultants in presenting, demos, and marketing to Fortune 1000 customers. Leading product marketing, accountable for worldwide product marketing across all products defining strategy for all solutions in sales, pricing, market, and messaging.
- Key contributor in sourcing and closing the largest deal in the history of the company
- Created complete business plan for moving core product to a SaaS offering
- Supported marketing and sales worldwide working in both EMEA and APAC as well as managing analyst relationships
- Designed new compensation plans and quotas for pre-sales and account executives
Apr 2004 —
Chief Technology Officer
Leading SaaS e-commerce provider focused on multi-store many-to-many retail providers. Focused on product development along with product and program management for the company, creating plans and strategies to achieve new product and objectives.
- Headed the selection of and negotiated contracts for tools, utilities, and OEM products for vendor and reseller management, web service connections, and inventory and order management
- Led product management focused on customization specifications, new product requirements, and market planning
- Supervised a hybrid team of onshore and offshore development
Jan 2003 —
Provided high-level technical consulting on multiple long-term projects.
- Performed web services design and data migration for a major credit card company by utilizing .Net technology for their hospitality customers
- Selected by the Distributed Computing Industry Association to perform Data Rights Management, encryption, and security evaluations.
- Designed a technology DRM wrapper to trigger B2C eCommerce cart and order
- Presented a project and served on a panel for a well-known industry conference on the legal use of P2P technology
- Created and sold technology to do live aggregation of 15 popular job service boards
Oct 1999 —
Founder & Chief Technology Officer
The first electronic television and radio sales management system with full communicating and integration to other systems and stakeholders. Developed objectives, policies, budgets, and operating plans for the development, quality assurance, production operations, and information technology departments and directed their interpretation, implementation, and achievement.
- Grew the organization from 2 to 94 in two years, raised $14.7MM of venture capital, PriceWaterhouseCoopers' Georgia's Top 25 Venture Capital Deals of 1999 and 2001
- Negotiated $30MM merger of Donovan Data Systems’ independent rep business
- Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) graduate in 2002
BT Squared Technologies
Crawford and Company
Technical Team Lead
Blue Cross Blue Shield of MD